Wednesday 2 November 2016

My Disneyland Paris Top 5 Rides


Having only previously visited Disneyland Paris once on a school trip over 10 years ago, when I went  back for a long weekend last month I wasn't really sure what to expect. Although I'd heard great things about the parks and the expansions they'd done, I was worried that my recent trips to Walt Disney World Florida would have ruined all other Disney Parks for me. And while Disneyland Paris doesn't quite live up to WDW (let's be real - nothing can live up to it), I was pleasantly surprised. I'll be doing a WDW/DLP comparison post in the near future, but for now I'd like to focus on the good, so without further adieu - here are my top 5 Disneyland Paris rides.

5. RC Racer
Extra points if you can spot me!

Located in Toy Story Playland over in the Disney Studios park, this fun ride is modeled after the remote control car from Toy Story. While the ride doesn't look like much from the outside, and despite the fact that it's situated in a more kid-friendly section of the park, this ride still packs a punch. Strapped into the car, you are propelled forwards and backwards on a U shaped track, picking up pace until you feel like the car is going to be launched right off the edge! The RC Racer actually goes a lot faster and a lot higher than I would have ever expected - I was definitely screaming at the top! My only bugbear about this ride is that it doesn't last long enough. We were lucky enough to only wait 5-10 minutes each time (albeit we were in the single riders lane), but I can imagine being pretty disappointed if I'd waited any more than 20 minutes for this.

4. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

No ride photos so here's a pic of me outside the ride!
This is another ride that I was pleasantly surprised with, so much so that we ended up going straight back on it after we came off the first time, for some reason the wait time was always 5 minutes! I thought this would be a run of the mill Disney park ride similar to Big Thunder Mountain (no offence meant to BTM, still one of my faves), but it is way more thrilling. It has plenty of ups and downs and twists and turns, and even has one full loop, which I totally didn't realise until I was right there upside down in among some temple ruins. I really like that this ride is outdoors, it's a nice change as most of the bigger rides at Disney parks seem to be indoors.

3. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 

The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is one of my favourite rides at WDW so I had no doubt that I'd enjoy this if it was similar to the original - which it very much is. You go hurtling round a track with countless twists and loops at lightening speed, all the time listening to Aerosmith - what's not to love?! Hands down, the best part of this ride is the anticipation at the beginning when Aerosmith start the countdown as you feel yourself about to shoot forward.

2. Space Mountain Mission 2

Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start with this one. I love Space Mountain in WDW and thought this would be the same kind of thing, and while it sticks to the same themes, the French have really upped the ante with this one. You will be screaming for dear life. A word of warning - don't go on this ride any more than two times in a row or you will have a pounding headache for the rest of the day. As terrifying as this ride is, it's also a lot of fun, and it's a proper roller coaster which can sometimes be hard to find in the Disney Parks.

1. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Flawless
The Tower of Terror is one of my all time favourite Disney Park rides anyway, so it was always going to be high on this list, but there's a reason it has made its way to the top. I love all aspects of the Tower of Terror - the spookiness, the anticipation of the drop, the drop itself, the random sequences of drops each time you ride, and the banter. While in WDW you will have friendly banter will almost all cast members, this is something that's harder to come by in DLP. I don't know if it's a language barrier thing, or if people here are just shyer than in the states, but it's the main difference I noticed in the park. However, the bellhops at the Tower of Terror in DLP know what's up. They will sneak up and frighten the poo right out of you, they'll make jokes while going over the safety precautions, they'll make fun of you right to your face - but all in good fun. They really stay in character the whole time and it helps to make this the best DLP attraction in my honest opinion. 


These are all just my opinions, and there were some rides that were down for maintenance while we were there so there's still some I haven't tried! What are your favourites at Disneyland Paris?





No comments:

Post a Comment